Bank Positive Pay allows you to filter imports to segregate transactions.
For instance, filtering is necessary when a source file contains transactions for multiple Bank Positive Pay accounts. By filtering the import, transactions are only imported for the proper account.
Note: A filter is only required if you have already created multiple Bank Positive Pay accounts.
The steps below must be done in each Bank Positive Pay account (each is a separate database in the software).
Creating the filter
A filter is an identifier used to distinguish certain data for one account, separating it from other data. This can be a field, an account number, or some other identifier. Each filter must be different from all other accounts.
1. Make sure you are in the proper account.
2. Select the Settings tab then Import, System.
3. In the textbox corresponding to 'Filter Import - GL', enter the identifier you wish to use for the current account. For instance, this may be a bank account number on your data import sheet.
4. Click Close.
Repeat these steps for every account you need to filter. The identifiers must be different for each account.
Using the filter
There are two ways to use the filter. You can schedule imports using the Control Panel for recurring imports or you can manually import data.
Using a manual import filter
Import your transaction file as outlined in 'Importing Transactions'.
Map all fields in the file with one addition column: map the field representing the filter text as 'Filter'.
Bank Positive Pay will import all transactions from the file into the correct account based on the filtered data. If you do not map 'Filter' the entire import will be brought into the account that is currently open in the software.
Advanced: Setting a recurring filter though Control Panel
1. Select Control Panel from the main menu.
2. Select each checkbox corresponding to an account present in the file to be imported.
3. In the 'Import Bank Positive Pay File Name' column, browse to and select the source file to be imported and filtered. To filter the same file into multiple accounts, select the same file in each drop down box.
4. Click 'Run Now' to immediately process the import.
Note: If you are using the Automation edition, you can click "Scheduler" to schedule the import using the Automated Scheduler.
5. When finished, click Close.