Want to take Bank Positive Pay for a test run?
1. If you haven't done so already, download the software from the link below and install on the same computer that QuickBooks is running on.
2. Start the software to arrive at the 'Welcome New Users' page
Click on Bank Positive Pay
3. You will be brought to our Getting Started page.
We recommend viewing the 5 minute tutorial video on the right (Getting Started with QuickBooks).
4. Start QuickBooks and enter into a company.
You can use either the service based business or product based business company (qbw file) to follow along on this demo.
In the example below, we are using the sample company, Larry's Landscaping & Garden Supply (service based business).
Note: For the initial setup, you should be in single-user mode with admin rights.
5. In Bank Positive Pay, on the Home tab of the main menu, click 'QuickBooks Integration'.
6. This will prompt QuickBooks to display a security authorization window - it will be flashing in your taskbar.
Click the icon in your taskbar to view the Application Certificate form below.
You can opt for either the 3rd option (typical), or the 4th option (advanced - rare, only if you will be running our software when QuickBooks is not running).
Make your selection and complete the wizard.
7. The QuickBooks Integration Window will now be displayed.
Your bank accounts and Undeposited Funds account for the open QuickBooks company will be displayed.
For the demo, click on 'Checking' as it contains the most transactions, then the selection button (>>) and Save.
8. Creating a Positive Pay file
The software will now display the transactions available for transmission from within the QuickBooks bank account that was selected.
Click 'Send Transactions to Bank Positive Pay' to create the file.
Click Yes when prompted to view the file.
Your file will look similar to the screen shot below.
Congratulations - you've successfully created a positive pay file from your QuickBooks data.
If this were a 'live' production run, you would then upload this file to your bank.
9. Where is the data stored?
From the Home tab > click Delete Records > then from the 2nd drop down select 'All Periods'. Click Run.
Reminder: Select 'All Periods' from the drop down as QuickBooks' sample accounts are future dated.
Want more information, or would like to schedule a live demo with Treasury Software Support?
Please contact us at 866 226-5732 or online.